Wondering why Yamatai?
We've compiled a list of reasons our members joined...
- u get to perform at cool places w cool ppl in front of other cool ppl
- I wanted to join a close club to spend lots of quality time with other people committed to learning and improving on something other than academics in college.
- I'm an owl and I luv late night cardio bc taiko resonates with my heart beats
- Cuz it's hella fun, constantly challenge me, and gives me something to do outside of classes!
- Taiko is a great way to combine music, exercise, and community all into one!
- Because its a drumming group other than marching band
- Because I saw videos of them before coming to Cornell and thought they were really cool
- it’s an awesome way to be involved in the Asian American community around campus and to share really cool art form with the local Ithaca area
- Because creating a unique performance with others can be both challenging and extremely rewarding
- it's a fun time, extremely energizing, and you get to be part of a really cool community (and it's a great way to get the muscles 🙃 )
- I wanted to continue to have music in my life in college but try something new!
- I wanted to try a different musical ensemble and found YMT more exhilarating than anything I’ve seen!